Sunday, October 4, 2009

Funny has made a comeback to Prime Time TV


On Friday I ventured outside of the Orange Curtain to Los Angeles where I had the opportunity to hang out with the cast of the show “Accidentally on Purpose” with a bunch of us bloggers and tweeters as we watched a taping (while on the set of the show) of an episode. This was an amazing and fun experience and wouldn't have believed there could be such a welcoming and down to earth group of people on TV. This show was so funny I couldn’t wait to get home and go online to CBS and show my husband the episodes. The cast was so cool and really fun to be around. At first I naturally felt a little uncomfortable being around celebrities but that quickly faded because they were so real and normal it felt like I was hanging out with neighbors or friends. They were really that awesome! I laughed so hard at times I almost peed my pants (wish I were kidding). They were all so cool easy to talk to.



This show has renewed my interest in watching Prime Time TV.

Quick Synopsis of the show:

Immediately captivated by the characters, Billie (Jenna Elfman) a 37 years old accomplished film critic for the San Francisco Chronicle, who finds herself pregnant after a one night stand with 20 something slacker Zack (Jon Foster), after breaking up with her boyfriend, James (Grant Show), who also happens to be her boss. Billie decides to go through with the pregnancy and invites Zack to live with her temporarily while he works out his living arrangements. Sparks fly between the two and make for an unorthodox arrangement with random twists and spontaneous surprises that leave you wanting more.

The dynamics are brought together with Billie’s two funny comrades, her co-worker, Olivia (Ashley Jensen) and sister Abby (Lennon Parham) who add a hysterical dimension to the clever storyline. Zack’s best friend, David (Nicolas Wright) is his right hand man who attempts to support him in the perils of impending fatherhood that left me laughing so hard I nearly fell out of my seat.

You’ll want to watch the show as the real live Jenna Elfman grows along with her character and goes through her real pregnancy with her second child with husband, Bodhi Elfman. She was so cute and had that adorable pregnancy glow we all wish we could carry with us after birth. Her son Story Elias was on set with her and in between scenes she brought him out and you could see what a nurturing mom she is.

In case you want to catch an episode of the show it’s on CBS Mondays at 8:30pm. Watch the next episode and let me know how much you liked it!

The group of bloggers were also very cool. One that especially caught my attention was a mother of 7 kids. She literally looked like she just walked off a page of Vogue Magazine. Take a look at her blog http://www.wombattheinnsane.com/ after reading about her after the show, I thought damn, I have no room to complain with just two kids. This girl is just inspiring.
Happy TV Watching!

1 comment: