Wednesday, June 24, 2009

FREE Summer Movie Day


Today was a great day! I experienced my 1st FREE summer movie that is offered at selected Edwards Cinemas. Each of my daughters brought a friend so the five us had a good time. This summer's free movies are at Irvine Spectrum and Tustin Market Place. We went to Irvine Spectrum. The movies begin at 10am on each Tuesday and Wednesday at Irvine Spectrum and they have 2 movies to choose from both days. Expecting a line of people when we arrived, I planned the morning out to arrive at 9:30am. You can view their full summer schedule on the Edwards Cinema website. We were running a bit behind schedule (with 4 kids I was surprised that we were early at all). I was amazed when we arrived and there was no line. The movie was about 50% full and by the time the movie began the theater was about 75% full. We brought our bag of goodies packed with chips, drinks, candy and all the goods. We had a choice of seeing "American Girl" or "Meet Dave". We chose American Girl. It was a fun free way to spend the morning and the kids love to play at the fountains at The Spectrum so it was a blast. These free summer movies are great and I was surprised that there were not as many people as I expected. We will be continuing this free family movie day each week. I thought the dollar movies were great but this jut topped that.

No comments:

Post a Comment